Napoleons 2.0

Napoleons 2.0
I love brioche!

Monday, April 30, 2012

I'm in love

It'd be a challenge to sum up all of the food I ate over the weekend in one blog post. I was in Atlanta at a wedding for my boyfriend Barry's niece Kim to her beloved Brad. It was a lovely weekend ... lots of fun, great visits with family and a whole bunch of food.
The reception was held at The City Club of Buckhead, on two floors (the 17th and 18th) with amazing views. For dinner, we were served a salad of field greens, sliced strawberries, goat cheese and candied pecans, a buffet of roasted turkey, beef tenderloin, brussel sprouts, glazed carrots, broccoli, three kinds of risotto and .... wait for it ... a mashed potato bar. There was a large dish of creamy mashed potatoes, and various toppings: crumbled bacon, chopped green onions, grated cheddar cheese, fried onion rings and sour cream. We were given chunky martini glasses to put our potatoes in. I swear, I could have just had the potatoes for dinner and would have been a very happy girl. It was comfort food, for sure. But was also fun food ... and delicious.
I told Barry that we were having a mashed potato bar for dinner some night this week, no other food, just the potatoes and toppings. I am in love with the mashed potato bar.
On Sunday morning at brunch, the caterer told us that they offer a sweet potato bar when they cater events. They include mashed sweet potatoes and various accoutrements such as toasted pecans, mini marshmallows, brown sugar and raisins.
I'll post more photos of the wedding food; it was all excellent, including the red velvet wedding cake with cream cheese frosting, the buttermilk biscuits stuffed with ham at Sunday brunch, the grilled salmon with polenta at the rehearsal dinner and the Chick fil a minis the morning of the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment