Napoleons 2.0

Napoleons 2.0
I love brioche!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

This is the perfect yellow bowl

This yellow melamine mixing bowl came in the mail yesterday,
a gift from my sister.
Now I confess, I have many bowls to use for mixing. But I get kind of in a groove with one bowl and use it for years. Most recently, I've had great success with a white plastic bowl made by Martha Stewart Living that was great for a few reasons: It had wide handle, it had a rubber rim around the bottom that kept it from sliding on the counter and it was deep enough so that food didn't come flying out the top when I used a hand mixer. But it has gotten kind of beaten up after years of use.
On a visit to see my sister in New Jersey, we visited a fun kitchen store and I was looking at all the mixing bowls, hoping to replace mine. I didn't find the perfect bowl but she continued the search after I left. The bowl in the photo arrived yesterday in the mail. It's a great bowl. It's got a nice handle, a rubber rim on the bottom, and it's a lovely shade of yellow.
I made a quiche for dinner last night and whipped up all of the ingredients in the new yellow bowl. Later today I'm practicing my pie crusts so I'll use the bowl again.
In fact, I have a whole list of things I want to use the bowl for. That's how we are, right? Some people see just a bowl ... but we foodies see endless possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. I will think of this piece the next 100 times I pull out my white plastic mixing bowl, slightly melted on the bottom from a age-old mishap. It's scrtahed up like you'd expect from a 20 year old soft plastic bowl. I know it's not a good bowl. It's two light and has a small diameter base. And it can melt easily! But there's a pour spout on it and a rim I can get my fingertips under. It's big enough for every project, so far. I guess when it comes to bowls, I've kinda settled for something less than your new yellow bowl. It sure looks nice though! And I love to see you happy, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete